WALKERVILLE.- Victor Ndlovu and his colleagues from the Michael Rua School recently opened their hearts for families after they lost all their belongings in a fire. A resident was also tragically killed.

The incident took place when two shacks caught fire, destroying everything they had. The school and some of the learners contributed towards helping the families, as schoolmates were clearly in need. Ndlovu and his entourage managed to raise funds to assist the families.

“An amount of R1 488 was raised and was divided between the two families. The sum came in the form of assistance from the school and learners and was handed to both families,” says Ndlovu.

The school and teachers also managed to give away groceries to the families to help them through the desperate situation they were experiencing.

Source:  vaalweekblad.com